National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
- Press release May 9, 2013: National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association Launches National "CARE & Make Fibromyalgia Visible" Campaign, May 2013. In the first 24 hours after its release, this notice had over 3,100 views and more than 300 clicks to the website. It was the most successful press release ever launched by the CPR Strategic Marketing Communications Company.
- Represented fibromyalgia and chronic pain conditions to the Food and Drug Administration and on national committees regarding prescription pain medication regulations as a voice representing concerns of people who are suffering and deserve the right to medications that help them. Write comment (0 Comments)
Created by and for people with chronic pain, the NFMCPA believes our united voices:
- educate policy makers and medical professionals;
- generate supportive attitudes; and
- change the way we receive health care.
Through email alerts, the NFMCPA provides important information for calls to action. When informed people unite, speak out, and get involved, current and future healthcare issues are resolved.Write comment (0 Comments)
NIH Workshop on Overlapping Conditions
Jan Chambers, president of the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association, spoke on behalf of people with fibromyalgia and chronic pain at the standing-room only workshop August 13-14, 2012. Eight overlapping conditions were discussed: FM, TMD, VVD, IC, IBS, CFS, migraines, and endometriosis She said:
"Thank you for this most valuable workshop. Millions of people with fibromyalgia depend on our ability to communicate their needs for a better quality of life. We appreciate the opportunity to have the patient voice in the discussion. In answer to the question put to the leaders of the advocacy organizations, 'What would our patients want?' Jan responded:Write comment (0 Comments)